Purchase Assistant Jobs In NashikFebruary 27, 2017
Executive Secretary Jobs In NashikFebruary 27, 2017
Jobs Safari one of the fastest growing and leading placement consultancies in Nashik is providing Fashion Designer Jobs in Nashik. To apply for the Fashion Designer Jobs in Nashik please read the below mentioned details carefully. The details about the Fashion Designer Jobs in Nashik are as below.
Hiring: Fashion Designer
Qualification: Bachelor’s in Fashion Designing or any relevant field
Experience: 0 to 2 year into Accounts
Salary: Best in the industry
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Visualizing a designing idea/concept as per the current trend analysis, sketching rough and detailed drawings of design using computer-aided designs (CAD) or by hands, and mentioning the specifications like color combination, use of fabric, material type, process of details designing, and accessory requirements for further reference
- Directing the assistants involved in preparing rough samples of the design, coordinating their work in alignment to meet deadline, etc.
- Confer with sales and management executives or with clients in order to discuss design ideas.
- Determine prices for styles.
- Develop a group of products and/or accessories, and market them through venues such as boutiques or mail-order catalogs.
- Direct and coordinate workers involved in drawing and cutting patterns and constructing samples or finished garments.
- Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status.
- Provide sample garments to agents and sales representatives, and arrange for showings of sample garments at sales meetings or fashion shows.
- Purchase new or used clothing and accessory items as needed to complete designs.
- Read scripts and consult directors and other production staff in order to develop design concepts and plan productions.
- Research the styles and periods of clothing needed for film or theatrical productions.
- Examining the look of sample garments on models, making sure that the designed product matches the age, gender, style, and socioeconomic status of target consumers and modifying and redesigning the garments if need arises
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of current and upcoming fashion trends, noticing the general trend in fabric, color scheme, and shape of the garment, predicting the later advancement in upcoming trends, and developing fashion range accordingly
- Study fashion trends and anticipate designs that will appeal to consumers
- Decide on a theme for a collection
- Sketch designs of clothing, footwear, and accessories
- Use computer-aided design programs (CAD) to create designs
- Visit manufacturer’s or trade shows to get fabric samples
- Select fabrics, embellishments, colors, or style for each garment or accessory
- Work with other designers or team members to create a prototype design
- Present design ideas to the creative director or showcase them in fashion or trade shows
- Market designs to clothing retailers or directly to consumers
- Oversee the final production of their designs
- Collaborating their work with other fashion designers, prospective buyers, and merchandisers for predicting the trends in near future, assembling designer team for carrying out the designing process, discussing designing ideas with boutique owners, sales and marketing representatives, and working on it accordingly
- Preparing budget on garment designing using fabric, accessories, and other materials as per financial agreement and pricing the garments accordingly
- Collaborating with buying outlets, boutiques, agents, and sales representatives for marketing purpose; organizing a sales meeting for it or displaying sample garments at a fashion show
- Creating/visualising an idea and producing a design by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD);
- Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes;
- Planning and developing ranges;
- Working with others in the design team, such as buyers and forecasters, to develop products to meet a brief;
- Liaising closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the item suits the customer, market and price points;
- Understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns, toiles and technical specifications for designs;
- Sourcing, selecting and buying fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments;
- Adapting existing designs for mass production;
- Visiting textile showrooms for buying fabrics, new clothing items, and accessories for completing the designs as needed
- Understanding the various aspects of designing techniques like layering, producing patterns using toiles and embellishments, etc., and selecting appropriate production techniques accordingly
- Developing a pattern that is cut and sewn into sample garments and supervising the creation of these, including fitting, detailing and adaptations;
- Overseeing production;
- Negotiating with customers and suppliers;
- Managing marketing, finances and other business activities, if working on a self-employed basis.
- Attending fashion shows for obtaining more knowledge on the latest trends and techniques in fashion designing, reviewing fashion magazines for obtaining more intricate knowledge on the same, etc.
- Overseeing the production of garments, negotiating price range with suppliers and customers, and managing the other business activities like marketing, finance, and human resource management.
To apply for this position, please click on the button below.